Lessons learned for post-Covid 19 cancer care in Europe
- cancer care centres have adopted telemedicine to conduct appointments, develop triage and assessment protocols, guide patients toward online assessment tools or call-in options
- remote monitoring has been amplified to ensure continuity of care
- collaborative alliances have been built to leverage limited resources
- shared platforms have allowed professionals to discuss difficult cases
- efforts to gather real-world data to guide practice have been amplified
Streamlined, digitally enabled collaborative approaches, with sustained investments driven by patient outcomes must be the basis for future care.