Effective remote leadership: can we learn from China ?
Updated: Mar 25, 2020
As COVID-19 outbreak is forcing most companies to work remotely, what are key learning's from those who started earlier ?
COVID-19 outbreak is forcing most companies to work remotely. Here are key learning's from companies which started earlier, in particular from China:
- Design an effective structure
- Set a clear direction and communicate it
- Instill a caring culture
- Find a new routine
- Supercharge was of communicating
In particular, use the right channel for each purpose:
- 1-1 VC for sensitive topics and relationship building
- webinar for problem solving and decisions
- chat for urgent questions and team talk
- video capture for guidance and debrief
- email for formal communication.